New Generation Charging
One of the many products we offer are CTEK Chargers, please contact us for the correct application.
Charger and battery
The most important property of a battery charger is that it reaches the exact voltage during the charging cycle. If voltage is too high, the battery boils. The battery becomes unusable due to dried-out cells and crevice corrosion, which occur due to high acid concentration and overheating during charging. If voltage is too low, you end up with an incompletely charged battery that will lose more and more capacity until it gradually becomes unusable.
Battery chargers and equipment
Interruptions and ripple from voltage and current can destroy sensitive equipment connected to the battery, such as:
- Radio equipment in cars.
- Tele-equipment in caravans.
- GPS and navigation instruments in boats.
- Sensitive equipment in rescue vehicles.
- Data and control boxes.
Battery chargers and governmental requirements
- In the EU, all battery chargers must be CE marked. Third-party testing and approval of equipment is required for your safety.
- CTEK battery chargers are tested and approved by Intertec SEMKO AB and UL.
- Battery chargers and safety
- Battery chargers are often used in damp and dusty environments, such as:
- In garages
- In caravans and campers
- In harbours and on boats
Whenever using a battery charger outdoors, you must use a charger that is approved for outdoor use. CTEK battery chargers are approved for outdoor use (IP65 and IP44).
There are many different CTEK battery chargers available, to the right there are just a few images of some available at MV Classics, please click on the small thumb nails for a larger view of each image, and feel free to give us a call or fill in the form, (top right), for more information...